Thursday, June 17, 2010

♥FWF - London... sort of.♥


Central St. Martins MFA Graduates

There was so much white in this show! Normally I'm not a fan of white, especially in body-covering columns, but I thought some of the designers did interesting things with it.
Matthew Harding
I don't even know what technique he used to get those pleats to stand out like that. Maybe some kind of inner construction? Anyways, I thought it was an interesting enough detail to overlook his color impairment. Plus, slapping some some medium pile shearling in the middle of a pure white garment was pretty ballsy. I mean, it kind of looks like she has wicked chest hair.
Tze Goh
MORE WHITE. It almost boggles the mind. The rest of this dude's stuff was pretty boring, but I chose these pieces because I thought the twisty lapels, and giant sleeves with the perfect little folds where they meet the body, were kind of awesome.
Shao-Yen Chen
OU LOOK, FUR IN DIFFERENT BUT EQUALLY POOFY SHAPES. Also, white.
Lilly Heine
It's hard to see in these small photos, but those are STACKS of fabric. How very interesting! Not something you see very often. That little rectangle in the chest seems to be a popular theme this season as well. You'll see more of those later, I guarantee it.

No comments:

Post a Comment